Quality of Care NL is a collaborative effort between the leading health care entities in Newfoundland and Labrador. Our goal is to improve the quality of care in NL by facilitating change to ensure the right treatment gets to the right patient at the right time.
Our partnership with Choosing Wisely Canada (Choosing Wisely NL) enables the promotion of established national guidelines and recommendations that cross all disciplines to support the reduction of low-value health care, including, unnecessary tests and treatments, particularly where harms outweigh benefits.
Quality of Care NL is an applied health and social systems research and evaluation program aimed at improving social and health outcomes in Newfoundland and Labrador. This is done by advancing a research and evaluation agenda that encourages a focus on health outcomes throughout the social and health systems using strategies such as, data interpretation, knowledge translation, public engagement, and solutions implementation.
Quality of Care NL leads the Learning Health System core of NL SUPPORT, Newfoundland and Labrador’s SPOR SUPPORT unit. SPOR is the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research. SUPPORT stands for “Support for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials.”
NL SUPPORT provides expertise and training in knowledge translation, patient engagement and patient-oriented research, as well as access to expertise in research methodologies. To learn more about our collaborative team, please visit https://nlsupport.ca/about/.
Our strength is in our well-rounded team. Quality of Care NL works to build partnerships between health researchers, health care providers, social care professionals and people who use the health care system. We involve clinicians and professionals in everything we do, from identifying project opportunities, to interpreting results, communicating outcomes, defining potential solutions, and more! We also work closely with Patient Partners, volunteers who assist project teams in various phases of projects, from study design to knowledge translation. When it comes to improving care for Newfoundlanders and Labradorians, we are better together!
- Dr. Brendan Barrett, Clinical Lead
- Catherine Street, Director
- Robert Wilson, Program Manager
- Melissa Ennis, Communications Advisor/Media Contact
- Krista Mahoney, Research Associate/Implementation Lead/Choosing Wisely NL Lead
- Owen Parfrey, Project Coordinator
- Cheryl Etchegary, Health Policy Analyst
- Kathleen Mather, Health Policy Analyst
- Chelsey McPhee, Training and Capacity Development/Patient Engagement Lead
- Susan Stuckless, Research Associate
- Victor Abodunrin, Senior Programmer Analyst
- Bev Morgan, Research Assistant
- Asghar Mohammadi, Analyst