Become a Patient Partner
We want to make health care better with you, and you don’t need to be a researcher or a health care professional to get involved!
- Have experience with the health care system as a patient, a caregiver, or a family member of a patient in Newfoundland and/or Labrador
- Have an open mind
- Can attend meetings approximately four times a year, either in-person or by teleconference
- Are available to provide opinions as needed (in-person or by email)
Questions Patient Partners may be asked include:
- Are we looking at the right problem?
- How should we collect the data?
- What results are important to patients?
- What do these results mean to you?
- How should we share the results?
Time Commitment for Patient Partners:
- Patient Partners meet three to four times a year, either face-to-face or by teleconference
- You will be asked to attend an orientation meeting
- Meeting agendas will be set by the project teams; you will know what each team needs before the meeting
- You may be asked to review the materials before the meeting
- Meetings may take up to two hours
- On occasion, you may also be contacted via email for opinions on materials, questions, or results as appropriate
Benefits of Being a Patient Partner:
- You will make a difference
- You will meet new people with similar interests and experiences
- We will take care of your travel and accommodation costs (if you don’t live in St. John’s and have to meet in-person)
For more information on how to become a Patient Partner, please contact:
Patient Engagement Lead