Become a Patient Partner
We want to make health care better with you.
We try to include patients as partners in every QCNL/CWNL project. You don’t need to be a researcher or a health care professional to apply!
We are seeking patient partners who:
- Have experience with the health care system as either a patient, taking care of a patient, or as a family member of a patient in Newfoundland and/or Labrador
- Have an open mind
- Can come to meetings four times a year, either in-person or by teleconference
- Are available to provide opinions as needed (either in-person or by email)
Questions you might be asked to help with include:
- Are we looking at the right problem?
- How should we collect the data?
- What results are important to patients?
- What do these results mean to you?
- How should we share the results?
What is the time commitment?
Patient Panels meet four times a year, either face-to-face or by teleconference
- You will be asked to attend an orientation meeting
- Each meeting will be based on the questions asked by project teams
- You will know what each team needs before the meeting
- You may be asked to review the materials before the meeting
- Meetings may take up to two hours
On occasion, you may also be contacted via email with materials, questions or results as appropriate.
What is in it for me?
- You will make a difference
- You will meet new people with similar interests and experiences
- We will take care of your travel and accommodation costs (if you don’t live in St. John’s and have to meet in-person)
- Appreciation options may be discussed
Have questions? Interested in joining?
Eva Vat, Patient Engagement Lead
Phone: (709) 864-6610